This Policy was last modified on February 14, 2007
“Qtego” is a service provided to users who complete the Qtego activation process and, by doing so, accept these Qtego Terms. Access to, and use of, any part of Qtego will be subject to these Qtego Terms and the general Qtego User Agreement.
1. Becoming an activated user of Qtego
1.1 You are only able to access and use Qtego if you:
- Have already registered for the Qtego Service in the United States and have a current valid Qtego account in good standing;
- Are the current and valid holder of the telephone number(s) that you registered to Qtego; these telephone number(s) being
registered to an approved telephone carrier. Please note that not all telephone numbers will be able to be activated and we
will indicate to you whether your telephone number is permitted at the time of activation; and
- Have complied with other conditions as may be imposed by Qtego and/or our third party providers, from time to time, in
connection with the access to and use of Qtego.
1.2 As part of becoming active for Qtego you must also (among other things):
- Activate at least one and up to eight telephone numbers that you would like to be linked to your Qtego account for use with Qtego. These activated telephone numbers will act as your “User ID(s)” for the purposes of Qtego;
- Not register the same telephone number to more than one account; and
- Create a personal identification number (“PIN”) which will be your security code required from time to time to carry out certain
functions of Qtego.
1.3 You will not be able to access and/or use Qtego if, at any time, you:
- Are unable to meet the eligibility criteria set out in 1.1 or you do not comply with the requirements set out in 1.2 above; or
- Breach the User Agreement (including, without limitation, these Qtego Terms) or if we inform you that Qtego is no longer
available for use or access by you.
2. Qtego service
2.1 Qtego allows you to:
- Send payments;
- Access account details; and
- Carry out other payment related services as may be advised to you from time to time, through a mobile device, telephone
or other non-computer method (“Mobile Device”) as approved by Qtego linked to your account.
2.2 You will be able to access and use Qtego in the manner set out in the Qtego website.
3. Your safe use of Qtego
3.1 You must follow the security procedures provided to you in these Qtego Terms and as otherwise notified to you via the Qtego Web site.
3.2 You agree to keep your PIN safe, to memorize your PIN and to:
- not disclose any details of your PIN to any other person;
- not record your PIN in any form that would be intelligible or otherwise accessible to a third party, including storing your PIN
on your mobile device or writing your PIN on any item kept with your mobile device;
- not use anyone else’s PIN to use Qtego;
- not do or fail to do anything else that might enable unauthorized access to or use of Qtego.
3.3 If you think that there is or has been any unauthorized use of Qtego you must notify us immediately by calling the customer service center or via the Qtego Web site.
3.4 If you change your phone number, you should inform us immediately and deactivate the relevant telephone number from Qtego. If you do not tell us we cannot be responsible for what happens in such circumstances if, for example, your account information becomes known to someone else.
3.5 If you cancel your telephone service related to a telephone number you have activated for Qtego and your telephone service provider issues that telephone number to another person, unless you tell us otherwise, Qtego will deactivate your phone and let that person activate that telephone number for Qtego on their account (but note that this will not permit that other person to have access to your Qtego account) and you will be unable to access or use Qtego with that telephone number.
4.1 We currently do not charge any fee for using Qtego other than the fees applicable to the Qtego service as set out in the User Agreement, but we reserve the right to introduce fees at a later date.
4.2 You are liable for any telephone charges and any charges made by your telephone service provider or similar or associated charges as a result of use of Qtego. This may include the cost of national or international calls and sending or receiving SMS messages. There may be other costs or taxes imposed by third parties in connection with your access and use of Qtego for which you will be solely liable.
5. Liability for loss
5.1 In addition to the terms set out in the User Agreement, we are not liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect caused by:
- Any breach of confidentiality resulting directly or indirectly from your use of Qtego;
- Your failure to register correct and current address details with Qtego when using the Qtego service;
- Qtego being unavailable;
- Delays, interruptions or errors in transmission (including, without limitation, as a result of faults or failed transaction caused by electronic communication network or telephone service provider faults); or
- Circumstances beyond our control.
5.2 A payment is not considered unauthorized, and you will be fully liable, if you have enabled another person access to your PIN, User ID(s) or phone numbers.
6. Your right to cancel your use of Qtego.
6.1 You may end Qtego service at any time by deactivating your use of Qtego via the Qtego Web site.
6.2 We may end or suspend your use of Qtego at any time at our sole discretion (for example and without limitation, if you cancel your telephone services related to your use of Qtego, give up usage of your activated telephone number or if your account remains inactive for a reasonable period).
To view our policies regarding all Qtego products click HERE